Thursday, February 28, 2013

Size does matter


I will let you guys and gals watch a few videos first:


The one above is a bit dramatic, here is another more factual:


The one abvove was based on facts gathered about the cosmos.  Remember why they said that there are more stars in the Universe than grains of sand in all of the beaches of the world. The vast scope of the cosmos is very huge. 

This one is different, it also shows the world of the very small and very tiny.


By watching those videos, I would think that you already have some idea about the scope of our cosmos. Not just the cosmos but also our "inner cosmos". Well, you might ask, why am I viewing this, and why should I care? The answer is simple. It is mind-boggling and awesome to think about how large and I mean LARGE this place is.

You can visit http://scaleofuniverse.com/ created by Cary Huang to see their version of this scale of things that are large and small.

Here are some of the screenshots of that site:








Remember, the purpose of this blog is to learn and I am hopeful you are learning more about our Universe and everything inside it! Have fun learning!



No comments:

Post a Comment